H-BAU FERBOX® is a reinforcement continuity system, designed to maintain structural continuity across construction joints in reinforced concrete structures. The FERBOX® casing houses suitably proven reinforcement, which is factory pre-bent and factory-fitted. On the construction site, the FERBOX® unit is secured inside the formwork at the front face of the structural member (often a wall), in advance of the concrete pour. The FERBOX® casing is designed to remain embedded in the concrete, providing a useful rebate and key for the subsequent concrete pour. The galvanised and indented profile of the embedded casing obviates the need for traditional scabbling at the joint interface. After striking the formwork, the casing lid is revealed and removed, providing access to the connection legs (starter bars) which lay inside. These legs are bent outwards (at 90 degrees) by the contractor, then ordinarily lapped with loose reinforcement of the subsequent structural member/concrete pour.
- Almost infinite ability to bespoke casing to reinforcement requirements
- Stock-supply advantage of volume production in H-BAU German plant
- Dedicated UK-local manufacturing facility for all ‘specials’ up to 16mm diameter
- UK CARES approval for vertical as well as horizontal applications
- 14 no. ‘off the shelf’ configurations: 12mm and 16mm diameter reinforcement (see Downloads)
- 19 no. ‘special’ bar shape configurations: Almost infinitely variable in diameters 10mm, 12mm and 16mm (see Downloads)
Following a rigorous testing and evaluation programme, both plant operations (Germany and UK) are UK-CARES approved to the assessment requirements of EC2.
Embedded casing rolled or fabricated from galvanised steel sheet. Steel reinforcement grade B500B or B500C. Removable lid fabricated from galvanised steel sheet or PVC.
Delivery lengths/load groups:
H-BAU FERBOX® Standard lengths either 1.25m or 1.20m / 12mm and 16mm diameter reinforcement.
H-BAU FERBOX® Special types any singular length up to 2.40m (individual casing lengths are optimised to suit overall application/joint length) / 10mm, 12mm and 16mm diameter reinforcement.
Other customers also bought:
H-BAU Reinforcement accessories
back to overview